Facts About Laughter

A well-known proverb says: "Laughter is the best medicine" Is it so? Is this statement supported by science? Read on to find out if laughter is truly healing. But that's not all. Below are thirty-three surprising facts about laughter. So let's not waste time and get started.

Facts About Laughter

Image unsplash.com / Genessa Panainte

Laughing facts

1. The saying "Laughter is the best medicine" has a scientific basis. It may not be the best medicine available, but it does help maintain health.

2. A good laugh helps to relax muscles and nerves for 45 minutes. It reduces stress and physical tension.

3. Laughter reduces stress levels, which means the immune system is strengthened.

4. Laughter releases endorphins - chemicals that make us feel happy. They even dull physical pain.

5. Benefits of laughter — It also contributes to normal blood flow and proper functioning of blood vessels. As a result, we have a healthy heart.

Laughter is the best medicine

Image unsplash.com / Sharon McCutcheon

Facts about laughing

6. Laughter burns calories! Laughing for 10-15 minutes can burn almost 40 calories. Losing 40 calories every day, you can lose 1.5-2 kilograms in a year!

7. Research in Norway has shown that people with a good sense of humor live longer than those who don't laugh so much. This difference was especially noticeable among people who were battling cancer.

8. Laughter reduces tension and anxiety. It also lifts our spirits and strengthens our resilience.

9. Just like smiling and yawning, laughter is contagious.

10. Laughter is one of the easiest ways to keep a relationship healthy.

11. A good laugh causes more oxygen to enter the lungs than with normal breathing.

12. Gelotology studies laughter. She studies laughter and how it affects our body.

13. Scientists believe that millions of years ago, people used laughter as a way to communicate with each other.

14. Babies from the 17th day of life can laugh. Children who are born deaf and blind can laugh too.

15. According to a study at the University of Maryland, only 10% of crowd laughs are due to jokes. The remaining 90% of laughter is generated from regular interactions between people.

16. Besides humans, there are other species that can laugh. For example, primates. Jaak Panksepp, a scientist at Bowling Green State University, discovered that rats are ticklish in the neck. When the scientist tickled the rat's neck, it made high-frequency sounds, and he interpreted these sounds as laughter.

17. According to a study by Robert Levinson of the University of California, couples who often laugh together tend to be the most satisfied in their relationship. They also stay as a couple for a longer time, unlike those who did not smile or laugh a lot.

18. Nashville hosted the world's longest comedy show. It lasted 208 hours and 16 minutes continuously.

19. According to research from Northwestern University, a sense of humor is hereditary.

20. Some people are afraid to laugh. This phobia is called gelotophobia.

Facts About Laughter

Image www.rd.com

Laughter Facts

21. People are 30 times more likely to laugh when in a group than alone.

22. The average adult laughs 15 to 30 times a day.

23. When you laugh, your diaphragm tightens, which is why it becomes difficult to breathe in air.

24. Laughter and tickling is a type of bond that is formed between parents and children. Charles Darwin noted this at the end of the 19th century.

25. The world's longest comedy show performed by one person lasted 40 hours and 8 minutes. The comedian was none other than David Scott, known as Midnight Swinger.

26. You cannot laugh when you tickle yourself. To laugh when tickled, you need to catch your brain by surprise. We are not able to laugh consciously.

27. Women laugh more than men. Women laugh at men more than men laugh at women.

28. The speaker laughs more than the audience.

29. When we talk and laugh, 84 muscles on the face come into play. It helps to get rid of wrinkles.

30. Chatting with friends for 10 minutes helps you get 5-8 doses of laughter.

Facts About Laughter
Image unsplash.com / Trevor Cole


31. Our brain can determine which laugh is sincere and which is fake.

32. Laughter is a sign of goodwill among people.

33. There is such a thing as "yoga of laughter". You must deliberately laugh as part of the exercise. When you see others laughing, the laugh becomes genuine and provides all the health benefits mentioned above.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pip The Gentleman | The Male Model Over 50 Years

If you thought that being a model was a young business, then you are wrong. A mature Englishman " Philip Pip "managed to become a ...